Can you believe Thanksgiving is only a few days away? I love this time of year so much. This past weekend I was so eager to get our Christmas decorations up. The only problem was that I sold most of our Christmas decor last year before we moved. So, I had to come up with some decorations on a budget. I did this by using items I already had and buying things at one of my favorite stores......Dollar Tree! Yes, you can find some pretty/classy decor at the Dollar Tree. The best part is everything is a dollar.
here is a breakdown of some of our christmas decorations:
1. wreath- i've never had a real wreath before (i'm actually allergic, so it's bit of risk- i'm a rebel) but the smell is amazing! this wreath was only $10 at kroger the cream burlap ribbon i used to make the bow was $5 at wal-mart
2. joy & peace prints- i made these prints in photoshop & will be sharing them later this week. the gold frames were $1 a piece at the dollar tree
3. wood block- this particular piece I already had, but you could easily buy or make a block of wood like this to use for height
4- mason jar christmas globes- i used mason jars from our wedding so they were free and the little snow covered trees were $1 at the dollar tree. i just added a little twine for embellishment
5. mason jar candle holders- the lace covered jars were used in our wedding...read the diy post here on how to make those. the candle sticks were $1 for two at the dollar tree, and i filled the bottom of the jars with sugar to make them stand upright
6. vintage dish- i love using eclectic dishes in decor and this cream colored dish was bought for less than $1 at a local thrift store. we also used these in our table centerpieces at our wedding...check out that post here.
I love coming home to a decorated house! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.